Josh is so wonderful! Tonight for my birthday (don't worry my birthday is really the 7th so you still have time to get me something lol) Josh had a BIG surprise for me! He has been hinting for months that he had something up his sleeve and if you know my husband he cannot keep a secret like this to save him life, so I was very impressed! Well, all he told me was he was taking me out for dinner and we had to wear sunday best because the restaurant had a dress code. That got my mind racing of any place he has ever talked about trying to figure it out. So we leave out house at 5, drive around Seattle, I was reading the directions, and we pull up to this amazing restaurant that is just beautiful, it's called Canlis.
We walk in and the entire staff was standing in a line greeting us, oh and I got to mention they only have valet for parking so that was kinda neat. Well the entire staff greeted us as we walked and everyone seemed to know who we were, it was a little crazy, but I felt kinda like a celebrity! As the hostess is walking us to our table, we pass the seating area and just keep walking so I think that was kinda weird, but he takes us to this little room that was beautifully decorated and was just ours with one table. It was AMAZING! we were at the corner of the building and 2 walls were solid windows over looking the water. WOW! First class all the way! We had our own personal server who was SO nice, which I was relieve because some of the staff were so snobby! There was a telescope in the corner as you can see and we were trying to spy on people, but see didn't find anything good =)
Our table was simply amazing!
This little treat is the first thing that came. Smoked Salmon on goat cheese. I'm not a fish person and I can't have salmon because it has too much mercury, so Josh ate the salmon for me and I ate the rest, on top that is a little tiny orange slice, this little this was amazing! So full of flavor! And so cute!
So next we had a salad and I didn't take a picture cause it was just a salad, but after that, we had our pallet cleansed with a cucumber mint sorbet. It tasted like that cucumber mellon lotion! It wasn't bad, it was very different.
Josh's main corse was the salmon and twice baked potatoes. Look how pretty the presentation is! Those potatoes were the most amazing thing that I have ever tasted! WOW! Every bite was like a party in my taste buds!
I got the Japanese beef tenderloin, little did I know when I ordered it that this was going to be the most incredible piece of steak I have ever tasted. It literally melted in my mouth! AMAZING! That purple stuff decorating the place was some sweet sauce that was so good!
My dessert was a lava cake. It was good, very rich, I could only eat half of it. In the background the waitress brought us a soufflé on the house! SO SWEET OF HER! It was very airy cake with a vanilla bean glaze.
Josh got an ice cream sunday, look out beautiful that plate is! Those little bananas were so good, they were caramelized on the top like creme brulee.
Here's us! Not the greatest picture, but I had to post at least 1
The last little treat our waitress brought us was these little banana cakes with walnuts.
This is just a little video of our amazing room and view! We were so stuffed by the end! We had this room reserved the whole night so we weren't in a hurry to leave.
I'm pretty sure that we were the youngest people there! When we finally gave up our first class room, as we were leaving there were a lot of old rich people every where! And they weren't the nicest. I was so glad that we were away from all of them, because I would have felt really uncomfortable trying to be proper in front of them. =) As we walked to the front door, before we even got outside and talked to a parking attendant, our car pulled up! HOW DID THEY KNOW!? I guess they have some secret system. They don't give you a ticket or anything, somehow they just know, it was crazy! =)
So that was my incredible birthday surprise! I'm pretty sure I have the most amazing husband! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world! Oh I love Josh so much! Thank you Joshie!
4 comments:
goodness! that sounds amazing. I must admit, I am a little jealous :)
Awww!!! I'm SO jealous!! What beautiful food! Great job Josh! oh yeah...Happy Birthday!
THANKS GUYS! He's amazing! =) Brittany, I can't seem to look at your blog anymore, it says I'm not invited... sad
that is cool. looks like tasty food
Post a Comment