After 7 1/2 months Jacob is still not sleeping through the night. Not at all. Not even close. Momma is TIRED!!! He wakes up EVERY 3 hours... no joke. He's almost 100% breast fed and maybe this has something to do with it, maybe not. I don't know. I'm just not a fan of the cry out method. I don't think badly of people who do, it's just not for me. It just doesn't feel right to let him scream him self to sleep. Now, we don't jump at the first sign of fussing, we let him try to go back to sleep on his own and it works about 50% of the time. We just don't feel comfortable. We tried in once and he freaked out! It took him 2 hours to calm down after we went and picked him up. It was very sad. And ever since then, I kid you not, he learn how to really SCREAM and now he does it almost everyday during the day when he wants something. SO...... After all that... any advice? I am one tired momma. Solid food didn't help one little bit. It actually made it so he doesn't poop regularly anymore, so we stopped feeding him solids daily. I don't know. I will talk to his dr at his next appointment, but that's not till 9 months. He is a pretty happy boy most of the time. I just wanted to see what has worked for my friends. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!!! =)
And here is just a cute picture
that has nothing to do with this post! hee hee
7 comments:
make small gradual changes (slowly) and stick it out...one day you will sleep a full night...i block out those memories of sleepless nights. But they are worth it.
I think it's the price we pay for breastfeeding! Your little guy is normal even though it doesn't feel normal. He'll figure it all out soon enough. And if you think about it, he's to the point where there are so many things happening like teething, learning to sit self up, crawling, walking, eating solids and on and on and on. It's a ton to take in.
And always trust your gut like you're doing.
As for the poop stuff I found a trick from my pediatrician that has worked like a charm for us. A bottle or sippy cup of pear juice. Gerber makes it and it's in the baby isle. It works every time for Paisley. We're getting into the actual solid solid food stage so it's really come in handy! Haha. SOrry this is so very long.
Advice I got from Shannon that she didn't mention {thanks, shannon!} is to feed them when they wake up rather than feeding them to fall asleep. (a routine of Sleep, Eat, Play) but I know you've had an issue about having to nurse him to sleep in the past. Every baby is so different though and he will figure it out eventually. good luck!
One thing that I was told when lexi was little, was to not always nurse her when she would wake up in the middle of the night. the doctor told me as long as she was gaining weight she should only nurse maybe once in the middle of the night..(she would nurse before she went to bed late, and when she got up early). he would have be rock her then lay her back down. It was a tiring method but after a few weeks she learned she wasnt going to eat then. She then started sleeping for almost 5 hours at night. I know she is almost 8 now, but I still remember those sleepless nights when she was a baby!
One thing that helped us was Brian got up with Braden at night, so that he knew he wasn't going to be fed. If he can smell momma's milk, he's gonna want it, whether or not he is hungry. Something to try at least.
Trevor was kind of like that until he turned 9 months and then all of a sudden he started sleeping 10-12 hours at a time and has never looked back. Hopefully that will happen for you. Hang in there!
wow everyone has given you great advice! Mine is that the cereal stops the kids up! I don't do that. I give my kids vegetables so they are getting solids but they aren't constipated. Another is make sure that he is napping regularly during the day. When Atti get his naps right on schedule then he sleep s better at night.
Post a Comment