Saturday, May 31, 2008

Disappointment

For those of you who are LDS might remember the movie The Singles Ward and The R.M. I was just watching T.V. tonight with Josh and we saw one of the lead actors from both of these movies in a beer commercial. What's that about? I'm not trying to gossip or anything so I'm not going to tell you who it was, but I am just so saddened and disappointed that a well known LDS actor would SELL OUT like this! What ever happened to standing for what you believe in? Not making money off things that "we" the church say not to do. Truly disappointing and disheartening. I really enjoy watching the movies he is in and I really hope I can see him in more cause I think he's a great actor, but it will be that much harder to get into his films after this I fear. =(

3 comments:

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hey Rach! I know who you are talking about and I too was disappointed. I know he might be trying to further his career and he didnt drink in the commercial but still..what is this teaching younger kids who recognize him? I was pretty bummed friday when I saw the commercial.

Milly said...

I don't think all actors in LDS movies are LDS. not sure who you are talking about, I don't have TV. But I know there are a lot of actors in LDS things that are not LDS. not sure about this case.

The Owens said...

This actor, although I didn't go to church with him or anything, this one does firesides, sings and does stand up and stuff at LDS things so I can only assume he's LDS. And he went to school at BYUI. Although I'm not for sure.