Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm seeing Blues and Greens in my near future!

It's a BOY! We had our ultrasound yesterday and everything is looking great and healthy. Sigh, such a relief! It was the mot amazing the I have ever seen!!! I wanted to keep looking at him all day. I know he is inside me, but I miss seeing him! =) She started at the head at worked her way down, when she got the the arms, which where squished tightly in front of his face most of the time, she said "your baby has long arms," I'm thinking WHAT is there something wrong? She said there was nothing wrong, I'm just farther along in my pregnancy than we thought so I'm now over 20 weeks pregnant. So that means my due date is now November 5th. I had a feeling I was sooner because I felt him move sooner than people said that I should. Anyways, when we got down to the feet and legs he was crossing this legs tightly across his tummy so for a while we couldn't tell if he was a he! I offered to do some jumping jacks to see if that helped! =) But she said not yet and did some more measuring stuff and we came back to the gender later. She was wiggling the thing on my belly to get him to open up his legs, and he did and sure enough we found a little something. 

So it's a boy! I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to conceive a child and give Josh a son. I hope that our son looks just like him and thinks of his dad as his super hero! I have never been so excited about anything as I was for this ultrasound. It was like a million Christmas mornings combined! =) And keeping all the water in was really really hard for me. I was in the waiting room on the edge of tears cause it hurt so bad and because I was afraid that because it hurt so bad that I wouldn't enjoy the whole ultrasound process. Luckily in the ultra sound they look at a few things with the full bladder, then they let you go pee and do the rest. 

Josh was so funny looking at everything, he was asking so many questions and trying to see everything that her trained eye was seeing. He was so cute! He's going to make an amazing dad! I'm pretty sure that both of us were floating on a cloud the rest of the day! It's true what they say that most men are very visual cause seeing our baby made it so much more real to him and he has never touched my baby bump so many time as he did yesterday or talked about babies so much! His first words after she said it's a boy was "Now we can go ride dirt bikes!" The we meaning him and the baby! Okay I'm going on and on now, sorry! =) I'm just SO excited! I can't wait to feel him kick more, and I can't wait to hold him... I'm SO happy! 

Thanks for all the love and support! Oh and thanks for voting, that was so fun! More people voted that I thought would, so thanks! =) Once I figure out out scanner I will post his ultrasound picture.

5 comments:

miriam said...

well, my guess was wrong! that's so exciting. I'm really happy for you guys!

Nadine said...

It is so neat to see how happy you are! Your blog almost made me cry because I could feel so much of your emotion. I'm really excited about your little one. If every baby had this much love and adoration poured on him, the world would be a VERY different place. Keep up the good work in saving the world, one very loved little baby at a time! :)

EmmaJaimeLeBlanc said...

yay!! how exciting! i know i said i don't want kids for a long time...but reading your blog makes me so excited to go make a little baby!! haha.
that's funny what josh said about riding dirtbikes! that's exactly what Jaime will say if we have a boy. You should ride too though!! it's lots of fun and then it can be a whole family activity! =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! YAY! We are so excited for you guys!! I will find out in 3 weeks!! I feel quilty but I'm secretly hoping for another girl.

Milly said...

CONGRATS!!!