Monday, September 1, 2008

I love to cook


I have to admit that I have been sneaking over to my parents house and watching Food Network! I LOVE Food Network! I could seriously watch it for hours! When I go over to my parents house my Mom knows to check and see what is on. We don't have a dish so we don't get that channel, but when we move next month, Josh has promised me that we will get one! YAY! My 2 favorite shows are Everyday Italian and Paul's Home Cooking! 

So for our family Labor Day BBQ slash Josh's Aunt Selene's Birthday, I decided to try 2 new recipes that I got from Paul Dean's show a few days ago. Let me tell you, they were a HIT! I felt like ROCKSTAR they way everyone was asking "who brought these, who made this?" See I LOVE to cook, BUT I'm very sensitive about my cooking. I try so hard and really put my heart into what I'm cooking and when it doesn't turn out right, I'm so hard on my self and so sad. Then I don't end up trying to cook again for a while. It's so so silly, I know, it's something that I'm trying to get over. =) 
Here's what I made...


Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies

Santa Fe Wraps

It's such a great feeling to come home with an empty platter!

For these recipes, go to foodnetwork.com or just ask me, they were a hit with my family!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I watch the Food Network for hours, so you can come over and hang out with me.

The Aprecios said...

Gimme Gimme!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

hey!! the wraps look really good! Can I get the recipe??
The cookies are called Crinkle cookies at my house..but i love them too!

The Owens said...

Here's the wraps recipe, very easy, lots of flavor! =)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/santa-fe-wraps-recipe/index.html

Michelle said...

wow rachel! these look amazing! have you thought about catering? maybe a future endeavor? i think you should consider... i'd love the wrap recipe. they look so yum!
hey sorry about the other night, we were so tired by the end of the night partly because i was prego and didn't know it. we totally spaced... we'd love to get together with you guys some time!

Michelle said...

p.s. you can totally try out some recipes on us... we won't complain... ;)
i just saw the recipe link, thanks!