Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Some people have a green thumb...

NOT ME!!!

As you can see
everything seems to be failing.
Chives, Dill, Sugar snap peas...
all dying =(
The tomatoes don't know weather
they want to live or die yet
cause you can see the new green growth
under all the dead stuff

Yes, I know I need to weed
Besides being lazy, tired, and busy...
I haven't cleared out the weeds just incase
they are the pumpkins finally sprouting
Cause sometimes a sprout looks like a weed, ya know?

Anyone know why the leaves have the big holes in them?
It doesn't look healthy

And I didn't spare you the weeds this time
cause when you really look at them, they are kinda pretty

Found this little guy while I was outside today
Isn't he pretty?
I don't know what species he his
He has some neat coloring
Anyone know???

And here's Jacob's contribution to gardening...

He talks to the plants
eats the slugs
runs around
and is just being cute!
hee hee


4 comments:

Michelle said...

The holes are most likely slugs or snails but it could be some bugs just looking for a snack. It's not really something to worry about unless they are devouring the whole plant. I've got the same problem here. I should post some pics of my hits and misses with our garden... you're definately not alone :)

The Owens said...

Thanks for the tip Michelle! Yes, you should post your garden because knowing you I bet it's AMAZING!!! I am really struggling with my garden. I actually breaks my heart that so much is failing =(
Oh another note... I miss you!!! =)
We should get together soon

Michelle said...

I miss you too! Lets seriously try to do a get together reunion thing in August. Even if it's just you guys, us and the Glicks.

I know what you mean about your heart breaking. It's so hard when you put so much work into planting you garden and than it dies on you. I had one pot that had lettuce in it and apparently it didn't have a hole to drain at the bottom because it filled comepletely with water. It was awful watching them drown... I'll do a post with the good the bad and the ugly... promise!

Crystal said...

hahaha he eats the slug, how funny