Happy Anniversary to us! Last Monday was our first wedding anniversary!

After years of dating, months of planning, we finally got married. Now it is 1 year later and we can't believe how time flys! It's just really incredible how fast life really is. I have learned that you really have to make the most out of each and everyday because before we know it, Josh and I are going to be 80 years old, feeding each other jello and apple sauce and trying to remember were we put our false teeth! Back to now, I just wanted to take a minute to write out our memories and thoughts about our amazing day so that I don't forget any little detail because it truly was the best day of my life. It certainly wasn't with out a little stress and chaos but I look back and laugh at it now. It really is quite the story

It took us and some of our friends and family a whole day and a half to decorate the church. We had our wedding and reception at the same church that I have gone to since I was 6 years old, so it was really special to me to have it there. It looked like absolutely everything I dreamed it would be and more, I LOVED the decorations.

The ceremony was very small, just family and very close friends. I remember I was standing in the hall with my Dad and I was just thinking how calm and collected I felt and how I knew that this was right. I guess the best word to describe how I felt was peace. But then the Bishop kept saying "Josh and Sarah" during the ceremony, that was a little stressful, but I really do look back a laugh a little, not a lot, just a chuckle, maybe in a few years it will be a knee slapper, but for now, it's still kinda sucks, but I'm slowly getting over it. When ever I'm feeling a little cranky, I let Josh know by telling him that his wife Sarah isn't in a very good mood. Then we both laugh and it kinda makes me a little less cranky actually.

The cake was amazing and delicious. I was really bummed that I only got that small peice that was more on my face than in my mouth (thanks Josh). But I must say that after carefully freezing it, a year later it actually tasted really good! I was VERY impressed!

I had an great photographer! She's very good, professional and experienced. Her name is Irene Jones and her website is www.ijphoto.net She walked around and got pictures of my whole reception, not just my guests, but the gifts, the decorations, the food, just all these little things that you just don't think about. And I'm so grateful that she did that because I want to remember every piece of our day.
The food was absolutely delicious! My father-in-law was so incredible, instead of having a rehearsal dinner that the grooms parents pay for, he paid for the catering at the wedding. It was catered by this little Italian restaurant in Kent called Paolo's. Oh my goodness, I'm not kidding you, the best Italian food I have ever had! Everyone loved it! I didn't hear one bad comment about it. Thanks Shelley (my mother-in-law) for booking such a great venue!

The day went by SO SO fast, and we loved every minute of it. But no contest our favorite part was the very end. Josh's step mom Tina got us a limo to take us to our hotel, so at the end of our reception, all our guests went out side before us and as we left the church they were all standing on each side of the limo waving and saying "good bye" and "congratulations" "we love you" and it was so perfect, so amazing! I have a little tear just thinking about it. We are so blessed to have such supportive friends and family!
3 comments:
I totally know what you mean about one year FLYING BY!! Our one year came so quick and now it's 1 1/2 yrs already! And to think, time will only speed up from here on out
I was just wondering how you 3 were doing! Its nice to see an update.
Congratulations on one year!
Post a Comment