Saturday was my baby shower. It was awesome! Thank you to everyone who came and for all the great stuff! I don't have the pictures yet, except for the cake so I will post the one that I have. The cake was AMAZING!!!!! The shower "theme" was fall harvest, so there were leaves everywhere and the cake was a pumpkin spice cake. It was made by a lady in my parents ward named Sharon Yadon and her daughter Rebecca (Sharon did my wedding cake too, which was also amazing)!
And the pumpkin is cake too! Isn't that awesome!?! When I first saw it I thought it was the center piece for the table, not the cake! It also tastes amazing too!
So, after the shower I got hit by the "nesting" bug really bad! I had all the presents all over the house and it was really a big mess. So Josh woke up to me crying about how over whelmed I felt with all this stuff everywhere and all the stuff that we still needed. So we have been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and getting all the baby stuff ready for days now! Josh and I went to Babies R Us and cleared out the rest of the items on my registry, then got home and got it all set up with a LOT of help from the 2 grandmothers to be. And I felt a lot better for a few hours, and then I started crying again last night after everything was done because we are all ready and this is really happening, I'm really gonna have a baby. Gotta love those pregnancy hormones! =) Honestly I haven't been hormonal hardly at all this whole pregnancy, it's just the last 3 days, I swear. =)
I went to the Dr. this morning and everything is looking good. She said that I have "dropped" and she also was guessing the baby weight based on my measurements and she is guessing that the baby is between 7 and 7 1/2 pounds right now!!! That's CRAZY! He still has 3 weeks to go! I'm going to have a big baby! I'm really at the finish line and this could happen anytime. Wow! I'm not anxious to get him out, I really want him to keep cookin till he is good and done. But I'm really getting excited to hold him and kiss him and all that fun stuff. I can't wait to compare who he looks more like. I'm hoping he looks just like his daddy cause Josh was the CUTEST baby and kid ever!
5 comments:
wow that cake is beautiful! I am so excited to see pics of your little man! do you have a name yet?
Hello!! thanks for your comment!! Ethan has been sleeping through the night the last couple nights..its wonderful!
I hope you had a wonderful baby shower! Arent they so fun? We have one tonight believer or not.. haha.. but you can never have enough clothes:)
How are you feeling?? Do you need anything?? Let me know.. i just went through it all!!
And what day is your date??
Rachel
awe Im so excited for you! That cake was awesome! Dang, that lady's got skills
you are too funny! thank you for your comment! i really appreciate the advice. i will get it checked out for my peace of mind. this has been an unbelievable couple of weeks... i only posted the half of it. but hopefully the worst is over... knock on wood... so yay for you!! i can't believe your little man is coming so soon... nick thinks its going to pop out a girl... no matter what the evidence shows he's just waiting for someone to get a suprise... sorry i missed your shower. it looks like you had so much fun! i love the cake! very impressive. if you need any free mommy advice when your little man is home you can call me anytime! i would love to come down and hold your little guy so you can get some sleep sometime, that is if you can bear to let him out of your arms!! ;)Take care of yourself! Loves!
so much fun. I bet you can not wait. Hang in there.
Post a Comment