Fall is my favorite time of year! I LOVE FALL! I love everything about it! I love the colors (oranges, yellows, browns, deep reds etc), I love the smells (clean, crisp air after a light rain), I love fallen leaves, I love pumpkin spice candles and I LOVE the 2 holidays in fall Halloween and Thanksgiving! I really get excited and happy and a little nuts this time of year!

Halloween comes in very very close second to Christmas on my favorite holiday! I'm not sure why I love Halloween so much! Those who know really well know that I hate scary movies and I hate to be scared (like someone popping out behind me, making me jump). And yet, I still love this fun and colorful holiday. I try to explain it by saying that I love the cute side of halloween, not the dark side. Meaning, the fun costumes and costume parties, carving pumpkins, candy corn, scare crows, and trick or treating.
And then there is Thanksgiving. I Love thanksgiving, but in a very different way than Halloween. It's more of a humble internal love where as Halloween I get rather hyper and gitty. For dinner with the family, I think I will make my grandmothers homemade pumpkin pie! It's THE BEST! My mother makes cranberry sauce every year, and it's AMAZING! We don't go near that canned crap. My aunt Chris makes the turkey and it's truly the best turkey in the entire world!!! It's juicy, tender, and melts in your mouth! I'm not sure all of her secrets in making this masterpiece, but one thing she does is she cooks the bird upside down, the the breast toward the bottom of the pan. That way the breast meat catches all the juices and drip down. It makes perfect sense. Every time I think of what Thanksgiving will be like this year, I tear up. This Thanksgiving will be very special and very different then any other in the past because my baby will be born and I will have him in my arms as I celebrate with my family all that I am grateful for. I can see it in my head so clear, passing him around to all my different family members, and it makes me so happy and so weepy to think of it. I love this baby so much and I'm so grateful to be his mom and that I was blest with such an easy time getting pregnant and being pregnant. I'm so grateful to have such an amazing husband who loves me more than I every thought someone could and I can't wait to see him hold our baby. I know he will make the best father and I'm grateful that I get to the mother to that family.


3 comments:
i love fall too! love the pictures!
I can't believe how close you are getting to having him! YAY! can you email me bnglick@yahoo.com so that I can invite you to our blog? I want to go private and I don't think I have invited you yet
I love fall too...especially Halloween...it is the best holiday. My hubby doesn't understand my love for it...but I can still enjoy it.
I can't believe that your baby is going to be here so soon. Don't stress about traveling with a new baby...you will be fine. Don't give up the chance for a trip either...you will regret it later if you don't go.
Post a Comment