Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yummy!

I made bread yesterday! And not from a bread maker, by hand and from scratch. I just wanted to see if I could do it, cause I have never made it before with out either a box or a bread maker, so I thought I would give it a try. My mom already told me that she is giving me a bread maker for Christmas, so I'm pretty excited about that cause I LOVE homemade bread! One is regular white bread and the other is sweet white bread. It was actually pretty easy and they turned out great, so I thought that I would share =)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! Your bread looks so yummy. Can I have some?

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hey! Can I get your recipes?? They look yummy!! I have never made bread before (by myself) but I really want to! I already made jam in the summer.. that was pretty fun!

The Owens said...

Rapid Mix cool Rise White Bread
made with a Kitchen Aid

6-7 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 packages active dry yeast
1/4 up butter softened
2 cups very warm water

Place 5 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast and butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to the mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 20 seconds. Gradually add warm water and mix about 1 1/2 longer.

Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of the bowl, about 2 minutes. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Cover dough with plastic wrap and a towel and let rest 20 minutes.

Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a rectangle, approximately 9 x 14 inches.

Starting at a short end, roll the dough tightly, pinch to seal the seam. Pinch the end and turn them under. Place the dough, seam side down, in a loaf in a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan. Brush each loaf with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 12 hours.

When ready to bake, uncover dough and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Puncture ay gas bubbles with may have formed. Back at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.

Optional: Cinnamon bread, after you divide and roll out each half of dough into a rectangle, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread each rectangle with softened butter and sprinkle each with half of the sugar mixture. Finish rolling and follow the instructions of the above recipe.

It really is easy and I like that this recipe has the dough raise in the fridge.