Saturday, November 1, 2008

HUGE HUGE HUGE!

I'm tired of being HUGE! I love this baby so much and I'm so grateful to be given the opportunity to bare children and become a mother. I really am. But I'm just feeling so huge. I know that I'm going to regret not taking more belly pictures, but I just can't do it. Because when I do, I get so depressed because of how HUGE I have gotten. I never want to feel this way again. I feel like I have lost  year of my life from not taking pictures and there is nothing that I can do to get that back. And it makes me very sad. Honestly, I have gained the average amount of pregnancy weight, almost 35 lbs, and I should feel good about that cause it could be A LOT more. But I started out big, so I should have been better. I know that there are a lot of hormones taking over in my body right now, and I really don't usually complain like this, but I'm just so overwhelmed. I want to start running after this baby. I know that I need to be happy with who I am, and I don't think that's going to happen unless I'm working toward a healthy weight. And, I know that to be the best parent to this sweet little boy, I need to be happy. So I'm going to have to give my self a little me time so that I can feel good about my self and thus be the best mom to him that I can be. That's all there is to it. By writing this down I do feel much better actually. I'm getting really anxious to get started, so I'm ready for this little boy to come out now. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're doing great! don't worry about the lbs and they way you look because everyone around you thinks you're beautiful...there's nothing more beautiful then a pregnant woman. What matters most is that your little boy can feel the love of his mommy!

Emily said...

It sounds like you are doing great with your weight gain...so healthy...but I know it is hard to gain weight when you don't feel you are at the ideal weight to begin with...it can be so hard. Just remember you will lose weight just by delivering the baby and if you breast feed that will help speed up the process too (it seriously works). Promise me you will take at least one belly picture the week you are supposed to deliver...those pictures are priceless...I am sure that you look sooooo cute. Pregnant is beautiful no matter what size you are. Hang in there...we are all here for you.

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Rach! You look amazing! Enjoy this time.. and remember..this is one of the only times you can eat whatever you want without feeling guilty! lol
I am soo excited for you!! You have no idea how exciting it is to be a mother.. but you will be finding out soon. My best advice would be dont expect everything you think you are supposed to feel to come the first day he is here. I did that and was dissappointed. I honestly didnt feel bonded for about a month.. but it came and now i cant even leave him alone! :) I urge you to read books about post partum.. not the depression part but how your hormones will be changing a ton!! Its ok.. it all the feelings go away and you just have to get back to a routine. Do things for yourself take a bath, go on a walk, go to the store by yourself.. they all help you to get back to "normal".
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help you!!

Shannon said...

Hey Rachel, I read your blog and this post sounds just like how I was feeling. I really kept my weight gain in check since I had a doctor that hounded me about it in the beginning. I was so self consious of how huge I was throughout my whole pregnancy and I have maybe three of four pictures of myself and honestly, I do not regret it. Pregnancy is rough and I really think anyone who loves it is nuts! I love the after WAY more. What I do appreciate are the pictures I have of myself after giving birth and seeing myself magically shrink. I'm back on the "flex plan" and really haven't been strict with myself and have lost an amazing 38 lbs. Nursing is my secret weapon.. plus you get 10 extra points a day. Keep your chin up and know you're almost to the finish line. Life is about to change all for the better but be prepared to feel mental the first few weeks. Its really a short moment in the end! Keep up the good work baking that baby!

Anonymous said...

is he here yet? is he here yet?