Monday, December 22, 2008

6 weeks

Yesterday was Jacob's 6 week birthday! 


He's such an amazing baby. He's pretty content and happy most of the time. He smiles everyday now and is starting to laugh and squeal. He also is starting to try to talk. I know that babies don't talk for a while, but he is starting to baby talk. He moves his mouth like he is trying to say something and he loves it when you repeat a sound or face that he makes. It makes him smile. He has 2 dimples on his left cheek. He loves to cuddle but sometimes he just wants to be placed on the couch next to you but left alone so he can just look around. He likes his swing in small doses. He still hates tummy time. He's still nursing every 3-4 hours, sometimes every 2 hours. He doesn't really spit up, maybe once a week he will spit up just a tiny amount. He tries to suck on his whole fist and just yesterday a finger or two. He's not very good with a pacifier. He will take it for a second and he can't keep it in. I don't think he is rejecting it, he just has a hard time holding it in. Which is fine with us because we really don't want to see him need it all the time. If he is really upset he wants nothing to do with the pacifier. He still sleeps in our bed because he wont sleep in his crib more than an hour and we still like having him in our bed. We left him with a babysitter, his grandma Shelley, for the first time so we could get some Christmas shopping done. I was so scatter brained the whole time it just felt weird because I have been with him 24/7 since he was born. Grandma gave him his first bottle (with breastmilk, we haven't given him formula yet and probably wont for a while) and he took it just fine. He will follow an object with his eyes. He has the longest eyelashes! They are so beautiful! Seriously they are as long as an adults. I love it. I brought him up to a mirror and he just stared at himself. I don't know if he knows what he was looking at but it was really cute. 





Here's a video of Jacob smiling. Please PLEASE ignore my dorky voice!!! =)

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a sweet little man. Every little thing they do just makes you love 'em more! He is adorable.

Emily said...

I can't believe that he is 6 weeks old...it feels like you just had him the other day. Too weird!!?!??! He is so darling. I love that you are documenting his habits, likes, and dislikes...it is a really neat thing. When he is older you will cherish those thought you recorded.